Submersible pumps, as the name suggests, are pumps submersed in the water or liquid which has to be pumped. Also known as a sub pump or electric submersible pump, they are kind of centrifugal pump connected to an electric motor.
Submersible pumps have gained immense popularity in recent times. The motor of these pumps is designed specifically to prevent water leaking into them. Motors are usually placed in water tight compartments filled with oil. This also lowers the risk of electrocution.
These pumps are very common among homeowners with basements. Installing them helps in moving water and moisture that collects beneath the basement floor. Different types of submersible pumps are used for different purposes like drainage, slurry and sewage pumping. They can also be used with other type of pumps such, as well pumps, fountain pumps and boring machines.
Advantages of Submersible Pumps
There are several advantages of using submersible pumps, some of which include:
- Efficient– These pumps take less effort to complete a job as compared to above ground pumps. They are more efficient as they pump liquid which is close to the pump. They also detect the level of water easily.
- Convenience– These pumps are very easy to use as they are lightweight and portable. It is easy to carry them from the location of hiring to the location where they have to be used.
- Self Primed– Unlike other pumps, submersible pumps do not need to be primed before operating. It saves both cost and time of priming them.
- Makes Less Noise– As these pumps are submerged under water, they make less noise than other pumps. The walls of these pumps help in softening the sound. Ordinary waste water pumps are placed outside on a dry surface and create a huge amount of noise.
- Safe to Use– These pumps are very safe to use as compared to other pumps as all the components are placed under water. This also prevents children from touching the dangerous parts and tampering with them. They are also safe from electrical shorts as hermetically sealed watertight gasket prevents water from leaking.
- Power Cords– Since these pumps are designed to work under water, they have long insulated power cords, which means that they can be plugged at a power point located at some distance away from the site of work. Pumps are often used in farming along with other farm machinery, for example check out the farm machinery on sale here, they also have trucks for sale listed in here. This info post has been shared by AllGrind Melbourne, an expert polished concreter servicing victoria wide.
Most of the submersible pumps are easy to maintain and quite economical. Different types of such pumps are suited for different tasks, therefore it is important to choose an appropriate pump. The price of these pumps varies according to their size and usage.